Dip nails are going viral this year! If you love a long-lasting manicure and don't like using the UV / LED lamp, this air-dry dip powder is for you!
While it's super fun and relaxing to do nails at home, the beginning of this experience can also be tricky. But! If you've decided to be adventurous and give it a go, we are here to help you. Soon you'd be doing your nails while watching Netflix.
In short, it's Base - Dip - Base - Dip - Activator - Top.
If it's your first time, here's a step-by-step guide.
Step 0 - Prepare your nails and brush on the bond / primer. Let it sit for 30 seconds. (Optional)
Step 1 - Apply the base coat.
- Try to apply the base coat as evenly and neatly as possible. Focus on creating a round and clean edge just above the cuticle.
- Don't leave your brush exposed in the air for too long. If it's crystallized, place it back into the bottle, close the lid tightly and wait for 5 minutes before using.
Step 2 - Dip in for 5 seconds and sit for 1 minute. Once your nails are dry, brush off excess powder.
- If you are using a glitter dipping powder, shake or mix well with a cuticle pusher before using.
Step 3 - Apply the 2nd layer of base coat.
Step 4 - Dip again and allow it to sit for 1 minute.
Step 5 - Brush on the activator and allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Make sure your nails are dry before applying the activator.
Step 6 - File the nail edges to smooth and shape them.
Step 7 - Apply the top coat and wait for 2 minutes.
So Pretty Nails Manicure Tips:
- Apply anther layer of top coat if you like an ultra-smooth gel finish.
- Make sure your nails are completely dry before applying the base / activator / top coat.
- If you are applying a vibrant color (non-nude), a bottle of brush saver is highly recommended. Clean the base / activator / top brush in the brush saver before putting it back into it's bottle.
Got questions? Feel free to reach out to our team. We are here to help you get that glamorous look!